4/25/12

DIY: spiked/studded collar + updates






What you need: cone-head studs/spikes, a denim button down with a collar
Steps: push prongs/claws of stud into fabric and push them down with your fingers

Black & white for some dramatic effect? I'm kidding, lol. I just didn't like the yellow lighting. My biggest essential in my closet would have to be this Target denim button-down that I got over a year ago. Since it's one of my favorite item of clothing, I decided to give it some more love by adding spikes on the collar! I know this DIY is pretty much beginner level and self-explanatory, but I'm hoping it'll persuade most of you to go and stud some of your collars of you haven't done so yet. :P

Also, if anyone has instagram feel free to follow me @love_confides
I've become an insta-whore now and post daily, definitely more than I update my blog (oops!)

1.) A beautiful crochet with pearl embellished lace collar necklace
that my friend Trisha got me from her trip to Hong Kong.
2. Myself wearing the featured DIY
3. Some arm candy with two new rings from H&M
4. Materials for another DIY coming up soon! (I've been making loads of jewelry lately)




5 comments:

  1. i love this trend! I did this DIY with one of my shirts too, but a plain black one! yours look awesome!

    xo, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out great!! And I love the picture of your arm party :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome DIY. All of your pieces came out fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    Style Cue by Suzie Q
    PS. If you're interested, check out my $50 Gift card GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR RINGS LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is such an amazing diy! can't wait to try it out myself!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I enjoy reading them. Feel free to follow my blog or my tumblr (c0nquis.tumblr.com) -- check back for updates (: I'll have more outfit, hair, nail, and DIY posts coming soon.